Thursday, November 1, 2012

Analyzes of Visual Thinking






Me and my wife sat down with these visual puzzles trying to come to terms with how to solve them. We both had different approaches to the problems in these dynamic structures it turned out. My technique was that of pattern seeking as I reviewed the figures, trying to find the logic using visual reasoning. When I thought that I had grasped the idea of the figure I proceeded to doing the drawing, which proved successful on the first try.

My wife on the other hand, used visual induction to try to predict her next move as she made her way through the drawing. She also made spatial analogies to deduce what the rest of her drawing would look like after a certain section had been sketched out. If she then found herself lacking, she would stop and reevaluate her progress, as seen in the photo to the left (above).

No comments:

Post a Comment